Friday, April 9, 2010

Even More Excitement Over Easter Break

So... I got back to Bear Lake from The car incident, and there wasn't much day light left. I was pleased to see the girls doing well, and they were bored enough that they cleaned up the condo. It was very clean! ( I wish they would do that at home) We hung out and went to bed. As I was getting ready to go to sleep I text dale to see if the rest of his day went well. He text back and said yes, but he had let the ( very pregnant )cat out and she ran away. He had looked every-where around the neighborhood, called, and called her, but she didn't come home. I just knew she was going to have her kittens, and worried she wouldn't know what to do with them. The next morning( 24 hours later) she showed up at the front door not pregnant any more. Dale put her in the house for fear she would run away again. Then he called me. I suggested he let her out, and fallow her. She took him on a wild goose chase across the street. Turned out some how during all this time, she had given birth that morning in some bushes across the street at the old folks home. One of the workers was taking the garbage out, and she (the cat) got her attention, and was trying to lead her to the kittens. The worker then heard some little mewing in the bushes.
Our cat had 6 kittens, but 3 were already dead. The other 3 were cold. So the workers took them in and warmed them up the best they could. They let Mylo ( our cat) try to feed them but she was nervous, and wouldn't lay down for them. I think she was worried about the other 3 kittens. Anyway the workers called a kitten rescue organization, and they came and picked the kittens up. (they had a nursing mother who fed them) Mean while Dale went in again to the Old folk's home to see if they knew anything. They related their side of the story. Accept they also told him that she kept trying to sneak in to the home with her dead kittens that day.
Well the girls and I got home this evening. I went in to check on Mylo and she was crying for her babies, her milk had come in, and she had torn her house apart looking for them. We finally got a hold of the girl who took the kittens, and were able to drive out to Ogden and get them. they are very tiny, and I don't know if they will survive. but when I put them down for Mylo to see them, she immediately started to lick them, and lied down to feed them. They were all able to latch on and eat. So I hope they survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment